Sunday, December 2, 2012

3 Secrets to Building a Loyal List of Returning Clients


Cultivating a list of loyal and returning clients and customers with high life-time value can be one of the most cost-effective thing you can do to grow your business (I do a lot of that, and my spending on marketing is peanut... or even just pine nut).

A basic principle to stick by is to keep in mind that your subscribers are NOT numbers on your list. You want to treat them as your friends, show that you genuinely care. You want to write conversationally, in your own voice, as if you are talking to a friend.

Here are the 3 secrets to loving up your list:

1. Relevant and Valuable Content

Give them great content that can help them with their challenges. You want them to know that you are a valuable resource, and you understand their problems. Don't be shy about sharing your products and services as a way to help them with their problems - if they find the content you give to be helpful, they will appreciate a way to learn more about how you can help them go further.

2. List-Only Special Discount and Perks

Give your subscribers even more reason to stick with you by offering perks for your list only - this will make them feel special. Some ideas are exclusive discount to your products or services, or first dibs to join your programs with limited quantity bonuses.

A while back I did a list-only discount for a new product that I launched. Not only folks really appreciate this special perks (I got more than a handful of thank you emails!), but I also made a good chunk of change over the limited time offer!

In the promotional email, let your list know that it's a list-only special. Stick to your words - don't let your peeps see the same promo in other places!

3. Cultivate Relationship

Take good care of your clients and customers. I always keep an eye out on what my "gold star" clients are up to - e.g. on Facebook - or check in once in a while. If I come across a resource that I think would benefit one of my clients, I would send a personal email to share the information. When my loyal, returning clients purchase more materials from me, I would give them one of my information products as a thank you gift. Small gesture of appreciation can really go a long way.

5 Tips to Boost Your Email Marketing   Don't Ask Too Much From Strangers   Six Simple Ways to Engage Your Email Subscribers and Strengthen Relationships   How To Ensure Every Website Visitor Becomes A Subscriber   Mass Mailing: Success Oriented Advertising Solution   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。